What the heck is THIS

ZzyzxRiver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,170
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a poop. But way bigger than anything my fish could make (about a centimeter long?)
It doesn’t appear to be alive but I honestly can’t tell if it’s moving with the water or because it’s actually moving. A nassarius snail just climbed onto it too.

IMG_4528.jpeg
 
Snail operculum.

I think I spelled it right. Basically the "trap door" the use to seal themselves in. Probably off of a turbo snail.
 
It’s definitely not an operculum, because it’s not a hard disc, it’s more of a gooey tube shape wrapped around itself. I can see how the picture sort of looks like that though. I’d take another picture but it’s being totally devoured by the nassarius snail. So definitely not operculum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new