What the heck is THIS

ZzyzxRiver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,170
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a poop. But way bigger than anything my fish could make (about a centimeter long?)
It doesn’t appear to be alive but I honestly can’t tell if it’s moving with the water or because it’s actually moving. A nassarius snail just climbed onto it too.

IMG_4528.jpeg
 
Snail operculum.

I think I spelled it right. Basically the "trap door" the use to seal themselves in. Probably off of a turbo snail.
 
It’s definitely not an operculum, because it’s not a hard disc, it’s more of a gooey tube shape wrapped around itself. I can see how the picture sort of looks like that though. I’d take another picture but it’s being totally devoured by the nassarius snail. So definitely not operculum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new