What to buy to sift the sand bed ?

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your rock work is stable, engineer gobies are great cleaners, get about 18 inches but stay about finger size for width, and are pretty cool looking.

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Diamond gobies will certainly do the job. I have had five and all of them have kept my sand bed spotless. Just make sure you have a tight fitting lid, because they LOVE to jump.
Nassarius snails will also work, but not as fast, and diamond gobies have great personality.

What Gobi are compatible with each other in large 8 foot tank? I have dimond Gobi (4 to 5 inches) for 6 months ... I want to add a pair or 1 of yellow watchman ... can I add with 0 issues? My tank has semi-agressive fishes .. no aggreesion between anyone ..

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a good gravel cleaner ... For real, no animals work better than monthly sandbed siphoning. It doesn't take much longer than a typical water change either. I like this one the most.

OP
OP
L

Lol21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont conchs eat corals ? My local petco had one in their frag tank and it kept eating all their zoas.. looking up a conch the shells look identical.

I have a pyhton gravel cleaner but ny sand bed is a mix of near powdery and fine sand.. and siphons suck it up and make my bathtub full of sand

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I had two solid blue damsels i just took out if my tank after wrestling them for hours and tearing my entire 150g apart for.. and a velvet damsel who was eating my zoas.

And the only good thing about the blue damsels is they kick the sand up all the time digging..

Now that they are gone.. what can i buy that wont eat corals.. isnt a bully and will dig up my sand bed ? Randomly to keep it stirred up.

I use a fighting conch and nass. snails. Conch is really cool

Neil S.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: Diamond backed goby. I've not ever had a problem with him spitting sand up onto the corals. He keeps the sand really clean and turned over. I have to wonder if their behavior varies as a number of comments here indicate that some people have problems with them spitting sand high.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back