What to do when your frags are too big

william Lutman

Old Dead Head, just rolling down the road
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
590
Reaction score
819
Location
Lake Zurich, Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First world problems: What do I do when frags come out too big?

Last weekend I did my first fairly large frag festival. Four days later they look happy! But since I am careful but not an expert in fragging by any measure.

So some came out with just a few heads and just need to heal and maybe grow a little before they'll be ready. But what do I do with ones that look too big when look in $ per h head? Do I give it a few days and frag it again?

Too Big One.jpg
 
When I used to frag stuff and sell them online local forums and frag swaps I never really charged what mrkt value was. If I was fragging zoas and it either grew out before sale or came out a little bigger than I expected depending on the zoa I would maybe add a couple bucks like say I charged $10 for 5 polyps and it had 8 I would sell that for $15 if they got a few things I would sell it for $10 still. I was not trying to compete or make a ton of money it helped with getting new stuff and reef essentials.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new