What to do with leftover “small” flakes?

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you do with the small flakes at the bottom of the container? I have about 8-9 different flake foods that are nearing their life, we’ll sort of. It seems most of my fish ignore the small small pieces, and I hate to pollute my tank, but I also hate throwing away a few weeks worth of food in each container. And I don’t mean the “dust”, I’m talking like rice grain size

Should I place them in the for sale section for FREE and only charge shipping. I’m sure someone has “smaller” type fish that would eat it. There’s literally nothing wrong with it.

Maybe trade for something small in return?

Do I just pitch it in the trash?(which I hate)

Maybe pay it forward to someone?

Ideas?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What do you do with the small flakes at the bottom of the container? I have about 8-9 different flake foods that are nearing their life, we’ll sort of. It seems most of my fish ignore the small small pieces, and I hate to pollute my tank, but I also hate throwing away a few weeks worth of food in each container.

Should I place them in the for sale section for FREE and only charge shipping. I’m sure someone has “smaller” type fish that would eat it. There’s literally nothing wrong with it.

Maybe trade for something small in return?

Do I just pitch it in the trash?(which I hate)

Ideas?
Place in a snack size ziplock bag and donate it or mix with water and vitamins and freeze it then drop cube in tank that will dissolve for feedings

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with ya.
I hate not being able to use the whole container. What I figured out is the thing that crushes the flakes is its own weight.
So now I empty the new container in several sandwich bags, to keep it from crushing. A lot less waste.

OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with ya.
I hate not being able to use the whole container. What I figured out is the thing that crushes the flakes is its own weight.
So now I empty the new container in several sandwich bags, to keep it from crushing. A lot less waste.
Never tried or knew that, I appreciate it!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back