What to feed a carpet anemone.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefbuds
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2017
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
1,778
Location
Mount Olive, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been feeding my carpet fresh shrimp cut up into bite size chunks, which he has been accepting very well. What are some of the other foods you feed your anemone? I've know what a lot of places say online but I want to know your personal feed and how they react to it.
 
I feed mine wild caught whatever I eat - shrimp, scallop, corvina or other fresh caught fish
 
Not sure what other suggestions you're looking for. Feeding fresh shrimp and sushi-grade fish just about covers it. Whenever I eat fish, I cut off a sliver and feed it to my nems. I don't think it can get any better than that.
 
Thank you. The answers I have gotten were kind of vague and I didn't want to feed something that would be detrimental to the nem. I think I get the picture tho, high grade fish and shrimp, easy enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new