What to feed lawnmower blenny?

roadrashpaul

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2013
Messages
912
Reaction score
84
Location
Portland,TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fully know these fish need algae to eat. I basically rescued this fish from someone's tank and I don't have a lot of algae. Will it eat Norri strip if I put it on the bottom? Doesn't seem to come out to eat shrimp or flake? Any advice?
 
Idk I've never feed mine and he's so fat he has to lay on his side. If he dose get hungry enough I'm sure he well chase some flakes or a piece of nori under a rock
 
Yeah this one is really fat as well. I might be worrying too much but just wanted to see if anyone has any advice.
 
You really don't have to feed him, they will eat algae from all over the tank. U kind of don't want them to eat the food you out so they keep eating the algae!
 
Mine swims around the nori all day and never touches it. It does eat everything else that is fed o the tank. He eats veggie rounds from omega one.
 
Mine never touched any prepared foods or algae sheets and unfortunately starved in my 55. What size tank do you have?
 
My tank is a 125g. Put some Norri strip on the bottom and he ate it. So I think it will be all good. Thanks for the help guys.
 
Mine will eat just about anything I feed my other fish. He eats algae off the rocks/glass as well. He is very comical when I feed, he perches on a rock and rolls his eyes around looking for food. Then he'll slightly hover and dart after it. He is so FAT!
 
Mine will eat just about anything I feed my other fish. He eats algae off the rocks/glass as well. He is very comical when I feed, he perches on a rock and rolls his eyes around looking for food. Then he'll slightly hover and dart after it. He is so FAT!
We just got ours and are trying to figure out what to feed him. He was eating off of the nautilus diving helmet that he often hides in at the bottom of the tank. He is entertaining to watch, skipping around on the sand. We don't have any algae really because we just got a new tank that is 75g. Our spiny box puffer doesn't create waste, but our clown fish does when he doesn't eat his flakes due to opting for Spike's (puffer fish) frozen brine shrimp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new