What to feed maxi mini anemone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a maxi mini anemone and have fed it some thawed frozen shrimp. I was wondering what are the best anemone foods.

Is it just regular coral food or something else I could use?

I've heard of squid, clams, mussels.

Recommendations on feeding anemone?

I accidentally gave my 2-3 inch maxi mini a really big piece of thawed frozen shrimp soaked in Ecosystem Reef Solution and Continuum Aquatics Coral exponential that was maybe 1/2-3/4 the size of the anemone. It ate it but it took maybe 30 minutes.

Is it possible to overfeed an anemone?
 
Last edited:
I don't direct feed mine and it's growing and seems happy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new