what to feed my baby naso tang with

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its being a while since i had a had my 9'' blonde naso tang, i remember he wasn't eating pellet food...
got a small 3'' naso tang yesterday into my quarantine, every time he sees me he gets freak out terrible buy playing dead with stress signs all over his body. i just want to see him eat something. its being over 24 hours since i got him into quarantine.
what's the food they wont refuse?

OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, forgot about brine shrimp. and that i dont have on hand.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live macro algae even better, if you can find some sargassum, now you're talking, that's what they eat in the wild. I'm a big fan of live macro algae but the hopes of finding sargassum, very slim. Ulva, caulerpa, or gracalaria are all worth a try. He would also likely not turn down live brine shrimp or live black worms.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try feeding meaty foods and see if he’ll accept them better. I think I heard from @Jay Hemdal that Nasos are more carnivorous when younger. I could be mistaken though.

I think good advice is try feeding a variety of foods until you see which food the naso eats best. Then feeding a few times a day to get him healthy.

OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try feeding meaty foods and see if he’ll accept them better. I think I heard from @Jay Hemdal that Nasos are more carnivorous when younger. I could be mistaken though.

I think good advice is try feeding a variety of foods until you see which food the naso eats best. Then feeding a few times a day to get him healthy.
Will do, now that I remember more about my blonde naso, he would eat blood worms and no other fish would even consider to touch them except him and royal gramma. Tomorrow ill try to get brine shrimp. Hope he takes it, he will get fat from them really quick

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to feed frequently with a high fat high protein food source.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe in couple days time I will, don't want to stress this little guy, for now I just want to throw food and walk away

\Depending on your situation, you may be able to dim the room lights and leave the tank lights on. That will make it more difficult for the fish to see you, and hopefully it won't stress out as much.

Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back