What to host ?????

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so i have a pair of onyx and am wanting them to host something. i do not want an anenome.
i want something different maybe unusual that they might host. i plan on keeping them in an acrylic container with their hosting coral, til they start hosting.
so any ideas on something different, colorful, unusual for them to host?

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns host in my flowerpot wish they would find something else tho

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i already have duncans and a nice frogspawn. i just was trying to think of something unusual they might host.

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe an aussie elegance coral. My friend has his picassos hosting one and seem to be doing good. The color combinations should be awesome.

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amanda, I just got an aussie gold torch from Tritons garden and it is sweet. I think they can get more and they are a sponsor.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amanda, I just got an aussie gold torch from Tritons garden and it is sweet. I think they can get more and they are a sponsor.

I got one coming from them Wed. Think Jack said they have more coming in at the end of the week

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay thanks guys i will check those out.

anyone else have any good suggestions ???

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

+1 on the aussie gold torch! Those are nice!

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe an aussie elegance coral. My friend has his picassos hosting one and seem to be doing good. The color combinations should be awesome.
Although this is an amazing combo, the clowns generally end up ticking off the elegance over time.

If you try this make sure the eleagnce is in top notch shape prior to adding the clowns.

I always enjoy seeing clowns host Tridacna clams (but they can also tick them of over time, or the rarity that the clam closes right onto them).

Or you could say screw the clowns and let the coral thrive and be happy! (j/k... well, not really I hate clowns for this reason!)

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i know they will irritate some corals. and will stay away from ones i know they might really bother. i really like their nature in that they host, i think its very interesting. my pair of onyx are just adorable and i just love them :)

Although this is an amazing combo, the clowns generally end up ticking off the elegance over time.

If you try this make sure the eleagnce is in top notch shape prior to adding the clowns.

I always enjoy seeing clowns host Tridacna clams (but they can also tick them of over time, or the rarity that the clam closes right onto them).

Or you could say screw the clowns and let the coral thrive and be happy! (j/k... well, not really I hate clowns for this reason!)

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back