Just like the title says. Got my Reefmat 1200 today and will be setting it up soon. I see it comes with a media basket. Suggestions for what to put in there (or even if it’s worth putting something in it)?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I hadn't really thought about that but this is a great point. Thanks!Absolutely nothing. Anything you place in there has the immediate potential to clog up and reduce the flow - artificially raising the water level and leading to excessive (ie: double) fleece usage.
Is it because of what @blaxsun was suggesting...it caused the fleece to advance quicker?I used a little carbon in mine. Once I take it out im not putting it back in though.
No problem. The carbon I used was the Red Sea they included with the media bag.I hadn't really thought about that but this is a great point. Thanks!
Yes, also its a huge pain to take it in and out in this sump because of the layout. Redsea recommends not using it in my tank sump.Is it because of what @blaxsun was suggesting...it caused the fleece to advance quicker?
good point, thanks!Absolutely nothing. Anything you place in there has the immediate potential to clog up and reduce the flow - artificially raising the water level and leading to excessive (ie: double) fleece usage.
Innovative idea!I have two pieces of poly filter instead of carbon does not clog like the carbon will over time and using two pieces cut to size leaves 1/2 " of the basket empty so never a worry about causing excessive filter roll usage.
Absolutely nothing. Anything you place in there has the immediate potential to clog up and reduce the flow - artificially raising the water level and leading to excessive (ie: double) fleece usage.