What to start dosing next?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bimborocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 5x2x2 plus sump sps dominant tank with skimmer and biopellets. After doing plenty of reading about the Fauna Marin systems I decided to start dosing Colour Elements and RV and have noticed a marked improvement in coral colour as well as polyp extension. I am now looking at what else I can dose to get the best out of my system.
I currently dose 3 part on a pacific sun kore 5th doser, use NSW for weekly water changes and run LED lighting (reefbreeders).
I aim for NSW parameters - alk around 7-7.5, calc 400-440ppm and mag 1350ppm, NO3 is generally undetectable to 0.5ppm, and PO4 0.04-0.05
I am going to start adding trace element solution for the balling light method, is there any thing else that would benefit both colour and overall coral health?

Thanks
James

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi James,

Glad to hear you're enjoying our products!

The next set of products that'll give your corals a nice boost will definitely be Coral Balance and Ultra Amin.

Coral Balance is a powder which detoxifies the water, reduces unwanted trace elements, eliminates nutrient deposits, and helps with phosphate reduction. These effects will result in increased growth rates including newer growth tips on your SPS. When this product is used with Reef Vitality, we recommend to dose cut back the dosage of both products by 50%. If Nitrates start to climb, you may slightly increase the RV dosage.

Ultra Amin is our unique blend of Amino which will increase polyp extension and coral coloration. If you have an extra dosing pump on your Kore 5th doser, you can use it to dose Ultra Amin.

OP
OP
B

bimborocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response, I will try the ultra amin and coral balance and see how that goes. Does the ultra amin need to be stirred before being dosed?

Do you have a distributer in Australia or plans for one?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back