What type of algae is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Barskeeey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Barskeeey

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Location
The Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i finally got rid of most hair algae by turning off white light and scrubbing/siphoning it out, it doesn't seem to come back. Now this green algae seems to be taking over. Is it cyano? What can I do about it? I'd like to turn on some white light again at least for a few hours per day.

IMG_20260207_113936552_HDR.jpg IMG_20260207_113222980_HDR.jpg IMG_20260207_113150056_HDR.jpg IMG_20260207_113154791_HDR.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new