What type of algae is this?

NoLobster

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
29
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a rhodactia mushroom and this algae came on the frag. Any idea what this is? I just noticed it. I was going to remove the frag and scrub the algae off. It is stringy and stands up. I tried to remove it with tweezers in the water but couldn't pull it off.
MVIMG_20190922_172456.jpg
IMG_20190922_172433.jpg
 
Hard to say with the blues, but maybe it’s bryopsis, hard to tell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new