What type of anemone is this

Sheeler213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this isn’t in the right spot I’m new here can anyone tell me if this is a seabae anemone that is what was sold to me just curious because a lot of threads I’ve read stated that they usually stay in the substrate but mine hasn’t moved from here in almost a year any knowledge would be appreciated thanks again

00F70DBE-3D19-4FBB-85B2-A618AF91D7BA.jpeg

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tentacles are not the best way to ID, the foot/base are much better indicators if you can post a pic of that, but just eyeballing it, it does look like H.crispa(sebae)
Usually they will have foot planted right at substrate and base of rocks, and they will usually reach up high for light.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they find a spot they like, they will stay there. For sebae's that's not always going to be in the sand :)

It looks really healthy though so I wouldn't worry about it

OP
OP
S

Sheeler213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tentacles are not the best way to ID, the foot/base are much better indicators if you can post a pic of that, but just eyeballing it, it does look like H.crispa(sebae)
Usually they will have foot planted right at substrate and base of rocks, and they will usually reach up high for light.
I will do my best to get a pic of the foot for you

OP
OP
S

Sheeler213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they find a spot they like, they will stay there. For sebae's that's not always going to be in the sand :)

It looks really healthy though so I wouldn't worry about it
Thanks for your help just wasn’t to sure about it because I’ve read that a lot of people can’t keep them for over a couple months so I wasn’t sure sure if that’s what it was or not

OP
OP
S

Sheeler213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s about the best I can get

DA9922B1-3FCA-482F-809F-44FDBA1C4539.jpeg

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very typical placement for a crispa, they appear to be attached to rockwork but really the foot goes into sand bed, and yes I'm sure that's crispa

OP
OP
S

Sheeler213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very typical placement for a crispa, they appear to be attached to rockwork but really the foot goes into sand bed, and yes I'm sure that's crispa
Awesome thank you my clowns seem to never leave it as far as other corals being around it do I need to watch out what goes around it I’ve had the tank set up for over two years now and have just been slowly adding stuff as I find stuff I like Been learning as I go and figuring stuff out on my own for the most part until now

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a Crispa the column should have verrucae, they look like white or tan bumps/warts on the column.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well glad you've had good luck so far, and many of us have learned by trial and error over the years, especially those of us that started long ago before sites like this(been doing sw for 32 yrs now myself) but try to research before doing anything on here first.

As for things touching, usually the anemone is going to win the chem warfare, so try not to touch, though things like xenia and gsp seem to handle stings just fine, most any sps will be a gonner.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.5%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back