What type of clownfish do I have?

Anubis012880

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Sorry for my ignorance but this is my first saltwater tank. Been up since the end of dec 2017 early jan 2018. As most people do, they get a clownfish. I know the other is just a black ocellaris. But was told she was a misbar mocha? Not sure. Either way, I love her color and wouldnt give her up. I just want to make sure I am right when people ask me. I paid $65 for her and the Male. Deal or no deal, again I like her. She is a good eater and always greats me when I come up to my tank. Anyways, thanks in advance!
Screenshot_20180803-101858_Video%20Player.jpeg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could very well be a mocha. Loved mine (before my skunks killed her while I was on vacation). :( She is very pretty.

OP
OP
Anubis012880

Anubis012880

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am looking up her color pattern but so many look like her. Oh well. I am happy with her no matter what. My friends love looking at her and say pics dont do her justice with her colors. So this makes me happy with my purchase.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not up on any of the modern names but they resemble what used to be called photon clownfish about tens years a go. Believe they were a cross between black ocellaris and percula clowns. Yours also has a misbar, assuming it's not still developing it's colouration which can take longer with percs.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back