What type of puffer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hp1836
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hp1836

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
79
Reaction score
30
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this today on a whim ay my LFS as it was cool and surprisingly cheap for any puffer so I figured I would give it a try. I put it in my 30 gallon with my very small blue spot puffer. At the store it was listed as "Burrowing Puffer" and the staff all said they had never seen one before. I have googled it and found absolutely nothing so clearly that's not the actual name. Does anyone know what it is and any info about them?

17172000081796610900151105656580.jpg
 
Checkered Puffer! Sphoeroides testudineus.
Or could be a Bandtail Puffer Sphoeroides spengleri. Thinking it’s that but they both look super similar/are similar species.
 
Last edited:
Just googled pictures. It is definitely a bandtail puffer thanks. So is he fine in a tank with the blue spot puffer? I know as he gets bigger he will need more room but for now he's still small and seems to be doing well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new