What usually happens when encrusters start growing too close?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gsw0716
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gsw0716

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
119
Location
Fairfield, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Miami Hurricane chalice and Favia, who were both slow growers, so I have them both on a rock apart from each other. They're both starting to take off in growth and starting to get a little close to each other. Who would normally win this battle? Or will they both grow around each other?


Thanks.
 
I'm going to assume the Hurricane will win. Favias are fairly aggressive but not usually as aggressive as Chalices are.
 
Would you suggest trying to move them asap?
Up to you. My Hollywood Stunner can get sweepers out around an inch to an inch and a half. My Favias usually send out half inch to one inch sweepers.
 
I'm going to assume the Hurricane will win. Favias are fairly aggressive but not usually as aggressive as Chalices are.
I agree.
There is going to be a battle and I'm betting on the chalice to win.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new