What wave maker, 210g DT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
638
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 210g and all 3 of my Jaebo WP40's have quit working on me...

What wave maker would you all recommend? Been a while since I've shopped for one and I don't know what the latest and greatest is now.
 
I'd say two Maxspect gyre XF-150 but if you want them to be apex controllable, I'd say Vortech
 
How much space does the Gyre take up and how loud is it? I have a MP40 but I believe it needs a new dry side.

Anyone know how to get in touch with Jebao? The WP40's are probably 6 months old or less...
 
I really like Mp40s. Haven't had any problems with mine. Bought them in 2012.
 
The gyre 150 is pretty large but not loud at all
 
I tried the jabao power heads with the same results as you. Their return pumps are ok but their PH are junk. Forget about customer service, they have none. The gyre moves a lot of water but I've had two break on me in under a year. At least coralvue has pretty good customer service so you can get them repaired. If you are running an apex, their new WAV PH are very powerful and quiet. I've only had them a few months so I can't comment on longevity. IMO the vortechs are still the best when it comes to reliability. Also less power cords in the tank. I also like being able to pull the wet side out to clean and not have to undo the cable management to get the pump to the sink. They are alot more money because they are worth it.
 
I have 1 Gyre XF-150 on my 180, and it does the job quite well. It's dialed down, so I tend to think 1 would be sufficient for the 210 as well. It's silent with the upgraded mount.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new