What will happen to your reef tank?

Do you have plans on eventually selling you reef tank?

• Yes.

• No.

• I’m not sure yet.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving in the next 3 years and that’s a long ways away but it got me think what will I do with my tanks? Will I bring them with me or just avoid the hassle and sell everything and start fresh. Do you have plans on what you’ll do with your reef tank in the coming years? Or do you plan on keeping it running until your long gone? I’m curious if any of you have thought about this like I have. Hopefully I don’t get to attached to my tank and risk taking it with me to my new home.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am moving in two months and I’m going to be keeping everything. My tank now will be my qt tank for my fish. Will be upgrading to a large tank in new home and thought this would be perfect.

OP
OP
ReefReadyYouTube

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am moving in two months and I’m going to be keeping everything. My tank now will be my qt tank for my fish. Will be upgrading to a large tank in new home and thought this would be perfect.
That sounds like it will work out great. I feel like I’ll just keep my tanks and turn them in to QTs and then sell all my coral and fish. Starting all over again is fun when you do it on purpose.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like it will work out great. I feel like I’ll just keep my tanks and turn them in to QTs and then sell all my coral and fish. Starting all over again is fun when you do it on purpose.
Agree, I have a 55 gallon tank currently but purchased Equipment way Overkill for this tank knowing I will be upgrading shortly. New upgrade won’t be nearly as bad as starting fresh. Kind of a win win

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved & sold my tank... So I could upgrade to a larger one!

I've learned so many things over the past 4 years thanks to this forum & my local club. New tank is much improved based on those lessons. Build thread to come soon!

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving is always the perfect time to upgrade your tank. That's what I did. I bought a house, so went from a Reefer 250 to a 525XL :D
20200731_191044.jpg

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a move coming soon and my plan is to buy the 210 early enough to get it set up and ready to get everything moved into it. Than take the 125 down and move it. It's going to be come a seahorse stable.

I will be getting live rock and sand along with the good stuff from ipsf to set both tanks up with. Hopefully have more stable and self sustainable tanks.

OP
OP
ReefReadyYouTube

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved & sold my tank... So I could upgrade to a larger one!

I've learned so many things over the past 4 years thanks to this forum & my local club. New tank is much improved based on those lessons. Build thread to come soon!
I defiantly agree. I feel like every time I start a new tank it gets better and better based off how much I’ve learned with my old tanks.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In March my tank will be running fifty years and that was always my goal, after that, I may give it away, probably to Humblefish if he wants to drive up from Florida.
But I may keep it a few more years.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sold all your old equipment, fish and coral and bought a new tank? Or keep everything and got a new tank.

No, I already had two Hydra 32s, so Just sold and upgraded some equipment and got one more light and bought a new tank

OP
OP
ReefReadyYouTube

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In March my tank will be running fifty years and that was always my goal, after that, I may give it away, probably to Humblefish if he wants to drive up from Florida.
But I may keep it a few more years.
Wow! Do you mind posting a picture of it? Or send any links to any videos you’ve made on it?

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive pondered it before, what i am going to do with it in a few years. Prob keep the equipment for the next tank. Cause the stuff should last sicce pumps, tunze, skimmer.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son can take over when they carry my dead carcass out of here... Hopefully not for another 30 yrs, lol. This beast (600 g) has been here for 12 yrs already. We were fish only but are converting to reef
image.jpeg

PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...DO YOU HAVE A VIDEO OF THAT???

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going anywhere soon. Maybe retiring in 6 to 10 years, after that we'll see what type of travelling my wife and I want to do and it may get turned into a FW or terrarium or gone completely. I already have plans to pull out another tank I had going, won't sell it, may use it for something else.

OP
OP
ReefReadyYouTube

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good to see everyone’s replies. I’m going to stick with smaller size tanks for now until I can put a 125 in in the wall. But when that time comes I’m selling everything.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back