what will happen?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
4,317
Reaction score
2,639
Location
Allenstown nh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidently snapped a lil piece of my red digi. I was gonna glue it to a plug but decided to try an experiment. I dropped it in the center of my purple digi colony. Do you think one will kill the other? Or will they grow mixed together?

20160428_121503.jpg
 
if your gonna mess with that I'd use 2 frags of each and glue together... Don't use your colony as a experiment :P
 
I have other purple digi colonies. Although that is the nicest one. Lol but either way. Guess ill find out the hard way.
 
And the answer is, Purple digi killed the little piece of red Digi :-( would be cool to have multi colored :-(
 
Since their the same species of corals it may grow. I tried this with a stylo, Milka Purple Stylo and Pink with green polyps Stylo, and is started to grow before the commensal crab kept pushing it out:rolleyes:
 
All three of my colonies are digi. I do have one colony of samarensis. but it was not involved. :-)
1) purple and green digis
2) red digi
3) brown with orange polyp samarensis
Are you certain it is a digitata? Montipora samarensis is often mistaken for digitata.

20160721_111216.jpg


20160721_111203.jpg


20160721_111123.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new