What Works for you?

Euphyllia Addixt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to what nutrients everyone uses, and what do you feed your corals and fish? Personally, I dose Calcium, Magnesium. I use Red Sea AB+ and Reef Roids. For my fishies I use a combo of brine shrimp (live and frozen) mysis shrimp and seaweed. This has always showed me good results. What about you?

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running nitrate limited right now and am seeing some pretty decent growth in my montis, euphis, zoas etc. Even acros are encrusting nicely. I need to get phosphates down, running 1.5ppm now but slowly bringing them down. Shooting for.2 ish, over the next 4-5 months. Nitrates are measuring 0-.2 consistently and I've been ammonium dosing to make sure there is an adequate amount for their needs.
Alk stays 7.8 - 8.2
Cal 420 - 440
Mag 1350 -1380
Dosing brightwell coral color, ammonium bicarbonate, kalkwasser in the ato, and brs 2 part to tweek the big 3 as needed.
Feeding a rotation of cobalt flake, frozen mysis, frozen spirulina enhanced brine, frozen krill, and a home brew mix of shrimp clams squid selcon nori and roe. Very rarely i feed corals roids or benireef, like 2x a month.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to what nutrients everyone uses, and what do you feed your corals and fish? Personally, I dose Calcium, Magnesium. I use Red Sea AB+ and Reef Roids. For my fishies I use a combo of brine shrimp (live and frozen) mysis shrimp and seaweed. This has always showed me good results. What about you?
Curious as to how your tank is using that much magnesium...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back