What would cause this

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I can’t lower intensity, I can only lower duration, but I’m already at only 5-hours of full intensity.
A piece of small bubble- bubble wrap will reduce intensity then you can run lights 8 hours. Same with cracked ice film for bathroom windows

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is ICP results from 9-25. Tin is high, but I think that is common with this test. Next time, I will try Triton or ATI and see how they compare. Also, it shows Iodine as low, but I do every 2-weeks a 15%-20% water change using ESV Seawater system.

ICP Test Result September 2020.jpeg
Tin is 0.01. That isn't "high."....that is fine. (Probably even 10-20 is OK). Some supplements even contain tin (like ZeoVit Macroelements).

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tin is 0.01. That isn't "high."....that is fine. (Probably even 10-20 is OK). Some supplements even contain tin (like ZeoVit Macroelements).
It is .01ppm which is the same as 10ug/l as we are used to seeing it. I think 10 is high, but I don’t think it would cause issues.

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You call it "front side", but it looks more like the "shaded side". Maybe the frag is used to being straight-up with light from all sides. You've changed its orientation and lighting. Maybe it is adjusting. It appears to be healthier where it gets direct light.

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You call it "front side", but it looks more like the "shaded side". Maybe the frag is used to being straight-up with light from all sides. You've changed its orientation and lighting. Maybe it is adjusting. It appears to be healthier where it gets direct light.
That is definitely a possibility I’ve considered too. It’s towards the front of my tank so the majority of the T5 light is hitting it from the back. I’ve thought about moving it further back, but so far have just decided to leave it alone. I think I’ll push it back a few inches today.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back