What would you buy RIGHT NOW if you found an AMAZING deal on it?

What would you buy RIGHT NOW, ONLY if you found an AMAZING deal on it?

• Equipment

Votes: 452 51.2%
  • Dry Goods

Votes: 24 2.7%
  • Fish

Votes: 84 9.5%
  • Coral

Votes: 238 27.0%
  • Other Livestock

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 65 7.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 1.2%

• Total voters

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you mean? My 150-SSS and 250-SSS both had a plug that I could drain off into a container.

I just found it not necessary.

I skim pretty dry though.
I always was concerned about putting my Octo into the sump, as I had a hang off the back overflow on me. Emptied about a third of the tank. Don't want that to happen in my sump. I spilled a cup of the filth into my tank once and instantly killed three fish, and forget how many coral. Where can you drain a skimmer to when the tank is in the basement, and be able to contain about 5 gallons of water?

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted other... I would like to buy a bigger house so I can finally buy a bigger tank, more equipment, more corals/livestock and of course more dry goods. Does anyone know where I can find that black friday or cyber monday deal? :)
On a House?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m the type of guy that likes fish over expensive coral (I would spend £1,000 on a fish but not a coral if I was just going to make it go brown in my nano - I’m focusing on coral for my nano but do also look for good corals for blue lights in my 4’ tank). If I found a rare fish for a good deal then I would probably take it (Reserve it first then get it). My encounters with this were:
a £119 male swallowtail angelfish (G. melanospilos), I had credit for that and so got a discount on the fish, it totalled at £98-£100. Now this weekend I will most likely be picking up a beautiful flashing tilefish. I shrugged it off previously thinking it was a plain common one like a discoloured/stressed blue jaw. I found this week it had the yellow eye stripes and it flashed (I know it was stress) so at £108, I reserved it till next weekend and it shall be going into my large 4’ tank.
A17528D0-2453-4DE7-B82B-22A03CC762A4.jpeg

I think he was stressing due to a mystery wrasse in the tank (He was in with a female kwazlu - Seen in the photo - and a mystery).
Guess what happened, I gained a love for this fish and still have him almost 3 months later. He flashes when not stressed too!!
6FDA3B16-93B9-408C-91CD-253E4AD2A84F.jpeg

Now I’m hunting for a wrasse that could be £200 or more, really am asking for the wallet to be wrecked at this point…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. ;-) I need a bigger house in order to have a bigger tank so was hoping to find a black friday deal on a bigger house (or win the lottery). ;-)
If I won the lottery right now, I’d be getting myself some rare wrasse and gobies.

Also, I’m currently getting myself ready for a griessingeri!

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My capital tied up in the markets. Best be liquid when there’s blood in the streets. Play it right and you can afford paying MSRP later and then some ;)

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I won the lottery right now, I’d be getting myself some rare wrasse and gobies.

Also, I’m currently getting myself ready for a griessingeri!
Nice!!! I agree, especially the gobies (as you know)! :) If I won the lottery I would be getting a bigger house for a bigger community tank as well as a separate tank for frogfish/anglers. I love those fish as well (but don't trust them with my smaller fish)! LOL I would also make sure the house had a small hobby barn for some goats, a couple pigs, a horse and maybe a cow. If you're going to dream go big or go home. LOL Can't wait to see your griessingeri! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back