What your most expensive fish?

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your definition of "most expensive"? I would change that to "Most amount of money spent on a fish" :);
To me, most expensive means how much you pay for it and how much joy you get out of that. For example, I got a pink carnation coral for $40. Everybody seeing that coral was like "wow that is so beautiful" . It lasted me 40 days. That is like $1/day, so not very cheap but not so expensive.

Having said that, the most expensive fish would be a wild caught flame angel. I bought it for $32 at a lfs. After acclimating, I dropped it in. I saw it swimming for a few second and poof.... it went behind the rocks. Never saw it again. That was like $32 "gone in 60 seconds" :)

1.0reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen I couple fish offered for around 20K, some koi for far, far more. Obviously not mine.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a female watanabe angelfish. Going to be looking to get a male soon.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most expensive saltwater is my maroon yellow stripe breeding pair, my freshwater is my show quality blue eyed pleco ( small fortune lol)

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most expensive fish was my yellow Foxface. Somehow I'm not that into fish that cost €100+. Corals on the other hand... :)

OP
OP
L

loumaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most expensive saltwater is my maroon yellow stripe breeding pair, my freshwater is my show quality blue eyed pleco ( small fortune lol)

Is there a reason those plecs are so expensive? Or is it just supply and demand?

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its kinda a long story but to make it short this pleco started being brought to the states in the 70's and then all of a sudden almost stopped being seen about as fast as they were brought in. The collection site of these fish are in Columbia in a district where heavy drug trafficking takes place and gang wars are, so collecting them still to this day is almost impossible! I collect Plecos (L-numbers) and this was a dream of mine to have this fish for some time. To me it has stunning presense

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a female swallowtail that gave the new watanabe hell for 3-4 days. Increased feeding which I think helped them come to an agreement that there is plenty of food to go around.

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most expensive fish has been my Maldives Zebra Surgeonfish. I dropped $ 1,200 on him. In the past I have had several candy basslets, but each time I get one some tragedy seems to strike and I lost them. The first one died when my ozone controller failed and the ORP in my tank shot up over 500 mv and the second one died in a sudden parasite wave.

OP
OP
L

loumaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a female swallowtail that gave the new watanabe hell for 3-4 days. Increased feeding which I think helped them come to an agreement that there is plenty of food to go around.
I sometimes find increasing the feeding for my tangs just gives me more energy to fight :p

kaylashires

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sailfinn tang

Attachments

• 1443722962523.jpg
    1443722962523.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 186

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your definition of "most expensive"? I would change that to "Most amount of money spent on a fish" :);
To me, most expensive means how much you pay for it and how much joy you get out of that. For example, I got a pink carnation coral for $40. Everybody seeing that coral was like "wow that is so beautiful" . It lasted me 40 days. That is like $1/day, so not very cheap but not so expensive.

Having said that, the most expensive fish would be a wild caught flame angel. I bought it for $32 at a lfs. After acclimating, I dropped it in. I saw it swimming for a few second and poof.... it went behind the rocks. Never saw it again. That was like $32 "gone in 60 seconds" :)

[emoji102] wait so the fish just literally dissapeared and you couldn't find it -_-?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back