What's a good corner frag rack?

RobertN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All--
Well, I'm going to start trying to frag some of my corals and I want to put them on a rack in the corner of my tank. I've seen some reviews of racks where they said the magnets were not sufficient to hold up the rack once a few frag plugs were put in and I've seen some reviews that said the rack's holes were too small to hold typical frag plugs. So I am asking for some recommendations for a decent corner frag rack that is not a small fortune. Thanks much in advance!
Robert

OP
OP
RobertN

RobertN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest ones were eggcrate glued to an old MagFloat
Interesting idea! Thanks! I may resort to something like that, but first I want to see if I can find a slicker-looking manufactured one.....the wife probably will not be so happy with the eggcrate vs. a manufactured one (particularly if the manufactured one is of clear acrylic).
I've seen a couple of ones from Seaside Aquatics for a reasonable price, but no reviews, so I don't know if those are any good or not.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use egg crate and air line tube suction cups. the plastic clips on the cup clip on to the egg crate and it works great.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my ESHOPPS corner rack.It is solid blog black and will hold weight well.I have it mounted in a odd area with both it's magnets stacked on just one side.It still holds up pretty well.Unfortunately some of the beefier frag plugs will not fit inside the openings.I have pulled the whole unit away from the back wall,about 1/2" to accommodate larger pieces.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Eshopps...and_Frag_Plugs-Eshopps-QH03501-FIMTCM-vi.html

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any extra acrylic laying around just cut you a little piece off of it and then drill the holes in it to the size you want then. Anytime you can make it yourself you are guaranteed to get exactly what you want...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back