What's a good corner frag rack?

RobertN

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
190
Reaction score
58
Location
San Fernando Valley, Southern California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All--
Well, I'm going to start trying to frag some of my corals and I want to put them on a rack in the corner of my tank. I've seen some reviews of racks where they said the magnets were not sufficient to hold up the rack once a few frag plugs were put in and I've seen some reviews that said the rack's holes were too small to hold typical frag plugs. So I am asking for some recommendations for a decent corner frag rack that is not a small fortune. Thanks much in advance!
Robert
 
Easiest ones were eggcrate glued to an old MagFloat
Interesting idea! Thanks! I may resort to something like that, but first I want to see if I can find a slicker-looking manufactured one.....the wife probably will not be so happy with the eggcrate vs. a manufactured one (particularly if the manufactured one is of clear acrylic).
I've seen a couple of ones from Seaside Aquatics for a reasonable price, but no reviews, so I don't know if those are any good or not.
 
I use egg crate and air line tube suction cups. the plastic clips on the cup clip on to the egg crate and it works great.
 
I like my ESHOPPS corner rack.It is solid blog black and will hold weight well.I have it mounted in a odd area with both it's magnets stacked on just one side.It still holds up pretty well.Unfortunately some of the beefier frag plugs will not fit inside the openings.I have pulled the whole unit away from the back wall,about 1/2" to accommodate larger pieces.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Eshopps...and_Frag_Plugs-Eshopps-QH03501-FIMTCM-vi.html
 
If you have any extra acrylic laying around just cut you a little piece off of it and then drill the holes in it to the size you want then. Anytime you can make it yourself you are guaranteed to get exactly what you want...
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new