What's a good P&S underwater camera?

  • Thread starter Thread starter droblack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
69
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking into an underwater camera and was wondering who makes a decent and reasonably priced camera that is rated for 30 feet or so? Thanks!
 
I love my Canon G9, I've taken it diving in the Philippines and it takes great shots. You do have to buy an underwater housing for it, which was around $170 when i bought it 1-1/2 years ago. I've taken it down to 100 feet but it can go even deeper. Awesome near-SLR camera, without the size and cost.
 
A friend of mine has the Canon Powershot G10, and has posted some very very nice pics with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new