What's going on with the BRS/WWC Hybrid tanks?? 9-Months Later!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS Unrelated, but I swear I saw or read that you guys were releasing a video on using the Versa for AWC. Am I crazy? Any idea when It will be released?

I don't have a video like that on my schedule, but we did get these in for testing and I have a standing to-do to come up with a video idea around them. Not sure the exact date, but it's on the radar! ;)

nept2n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we have a long awaited update for the BRS/WWC Hybrid tanks aka. the BRS 750XXL and the E-170 tank!

We talk about Wins, Fails and where these tanks are headed!

Randy this was a good update. I am under construction on my build and I've been catching up on all videos and I am planning on following this hybrid method. 4 Months is going to be a killer but I'll resist. Any advise you can share on how to keep yourself from jumping the gun?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy this was a good update. I am under construction on my build and I've been catching up on all videos and I am planning on following this hybrid method. 4 Months is going to be a killer but I'll resist. Any advise you can share on how to keep yourself from jumping the gun?

Haha! I'm in the same dilemma with the 60gal in my office. Coming up on one month old so now the only thing I can do is coral shop and source the fish I want. :p

nept2n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Sounds like you have much to keep you occupied. I have for you on the bacteria source. On one of the hybrid episodes you guys use a table shrimp, is that better than using Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride? One more question, sorry about that ;Facepalm With my prior tanks I used the shrimp method but I never added any bacteria in a bottle. I would like it run its course and ultimately bacteria would self populate. The hybrid method has one adding the bacteria in a bottle and the table shrimp. Is this to speed up the process? Thanks Randy for taking time to answer

Cameron Carter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS It looks like you guys tarted with brightwell export bricks then removed them. What was the reason for removing them?

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for your videos. I learned a lot over the last couple of years. One question I have is in the beginning videos you were shooting for... Alk - 8.6, Ca - 480, and Mg - 1440. Why did you want that to begin with and what did you finally decide on after 9 months? Triton (the company) says Alk - 8, Ca - 440, and mg - 1370. Than we have the Triton Dr. tech guy say Alk - 7, Ca - 440, and Mg - 1350. Reason I ask is that I'm trying to dial in my Apex Trident to auto dose with the DOS. I run Triton "Other Methods" (15% water changes bi weekly) and I kind of like the Hybrid specs.

Travis Warren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy on the blotched Anthias in the old tank, did you guys keep temp below 78 all the time or was the 2 pairs good at 78 - 79 degrees. I just got one today!!! Love this fish already and from your tank is what sold me.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy on the blotched Anthias in the old tank, did you guys keep temp below 78 all the time or was the 2 pairs good at 78 - 79 degrees. I just got one today!!! Love this fish already and from your tank is what sold me.

Nice! We aim for 78-degrees in nearly all of our tanks here at BRS. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back