Whats happening to my corals!

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up today, i dosed 20ml half the recommended dose for all for reef. And i noticed my candy cane that was splitting one head looks all closed up, and one spot on the issue right side looking miserable. Also noticed one kf my new 5 days old hammer deflated. I cant tell if thats before or after i fed frozen im genuinely worried..

Calcium:415
Mag:1380
Alk:7.7
Ph:.8.3
Phosphate:0.16
Nitrate:9.6
Temp:78

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOmetimes coral wake up on the wrong side of the bed too. As far as the hammer it can take weeks to months to maybe even years for a coral to acclimate to a system so i wouldn't advise making any changes specifically for it. There can be a delayed response between stress even and visible changes in a system so when a problem is suspected look back over the past events for months. Was something sprayed around the tank recently, was there a power outage, was teh feeding changed, lighting changed, new additions (like the hammer 5 days ago), something die recently?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOmetimes coral wake up on the wrong side of the bed too. As far as the hammer it can take weeks to months to maybe even years for a coral to acclimate to a system so i wouldn't advise making any changes specifically for it. There can be a delayed response between stress even and visible changes in a system so when a problem is suspected look back over the past events for months. Was something sprayed around the tank recently, was there a power outage, was teh feeding changed, lighting changed, new additions (like the hammer 5 days ago), something die recently?
Nothing from you mentioned happened… also for mg candu cane not sure whats happening to it

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thin lines coming from it any idea!!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not see what you are trying to show in the video, no idea. Can you post some pics, in white light, so we can get a better idea?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's funny but do newspapers even exist anymore?
Yup, this old timer still reads a newspaper, I have to explain to the youngins that this is how we used to get the news.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't even sell them anymore by me...sad... get a rotary phone and really freak them out
Mine is delivered daily. I’ll try the rotary phone thing and write the directions in cursive!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem here is mine have deflated polyps all of sudden and retracted
You could try dipping it and checking for pests… the flesh band looks super healthy on it so it’s not in danger just irritated or something worst case.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try dipping it and checking for pests… the flesh band looks super healthy on it so it’s not in danger just irritated or something worst case.
literally was fine yesterday. I dont get it. Ill give it few days..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back