OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I might be missing, couldn’t see the stringy stuff in the video and yes mine is brown.
I dont know if u seen the videos but theres still lines coming out of it im not sure whats it doing

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thin lines coming from it any idea!!

Lower your lights a little. Looks like the coral is expelling zooanthellae which is its color and energy source and often occurs when there is too much light, calcium below 390 and feeding of powdered foods. I feed mine Mysis shrimp at least twice a week.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower your lights a little. Looks like the coral is expelling zooanthellae which is its color and energy source and often occurs when there is too much light, calcium below 390 and feeding of powdered foods. I feed mine Mysis shrimp at least twice a week.
My calcium is 420. I fed frozen to my fish this morning. And iv had the hammer for 6 days. The par in this area around 100.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My calcium is 420. I fed frozen to my fish this morning. And iv had the hammer for 6 days. The par in this area around 100.
If its new, allow to adjust . Sounds like this is Just happening and should subside in 48-72 hours

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its new, allow to adjust . Sounds like this is Just happening and should subside in 48-72 hours
this is night time right now still doing it

things coming out the mouth. Is that something to worry about? Like its been hours. Do i remove it? Or just wait it out

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
this is night time right now still doing it

things coming out the mouth. Is that something to worry about? Like its been hours. Do i remove it? Or just wait it out

Looks like recession and may be from too much water flow. Polyps should be swaying like leaves in the wind not vigorous or too little

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like recession and may be from too much water flow. Polyps should be swaying like leaves in the wind not vigorous or too little
Theres litterally perfect sway flow when it opens. Do i just leave it and observe? Or what do i do!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Theres litterally perfect sway flow when it opens. Do i just leave it and observe? Or what do i do!
Observe, after a couple of days feed and see if it responds to feeding . Best location is lower third of the tank

Some of mine

660g 3.30a.jpg

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observe, after a couple of days feed and see if it responds to feeding . Best location is lower third of the tank

Some of mine

660g 3.30a.jpg
I got brown jelly, and i removed the hammer this
Morning. Is my tank infected now?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got brown jelly, and i removed the hammer this
Morning. Is my tank infected now?
IF brown jelly, siphon up the mass with a 3/8" tube and even peroxide dip with 3% standard peroxide. Can you update photo showing BJD?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thin lines coming from it any idea!! . . .

I can't see the threads but I agree with what @Troylee said. It's "possible" but I would consider it unlikely the threads might be zooxantheallae being released and the beginnings of bleaching, If you see more pastel colors develop as teh golden brown zooxanthellae are lost I'd say it was either the conditions of your system are very different than what it was growing in or it had a problem before you got it.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see the threads but I agree with what @Troylee said. It's "possible" but I would consider it unlikely the threads might be zooxantheallae being released and the beginnings of bleaching, If you see more pastel colors develop as teh golden brown zooxanthellae are lost I'd say it was either the conditions of your system are very different than what it was growing in or it had a problem before you got it.
It died brown jelly

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It died brown jelly
Brown jelly doesn’t come out of the mouth… did you take any pics before you tossed it? Brown jelly doesn’t make any sense since you showed a white string floating in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back