What's in a name handle wise.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of strange, funny and other oddball names in people's signatures and avatars on here. I was wondering what's behind many if them and how you chose them.

Mine is Atoll of course and yes I chose it for a reason.
I often felt I was isolated on forums with my views on reefkeeping circled by others who have vastly different opinions on reefkeeping. Atoll seemed fitting.
What if anything is the story behind yours?

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was issued as a username at a bank many years ago. I tried many options and it kept saying “username already in use” so it then offered to generate one for me and that’s what it came up with. I’ve used it since because it is unique and not even a word.
hahaha

corey

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you do now?
I’m in a post bacc program woh hopes of getting into med school. Coming from a career in politics and the reasons you listed sound very similar to mine for switching. Hahaha
corey

Obdoc63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What do you do now?
I’m in a post bacc program woh hopes of getting into med school. Coming from a career in politics and the reasons you listed sound very similar to mine for switching. Hahaha
corey
Good luck and I hope you get into med school, it can be very rewarding, but things have changed for the worse over the last 25 years.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I hear the horror stories for sure. I have friends who are in medicine and my gf is a nurse. It’s crazy what is expected of them and how society treats healthcare workers. It’s disgusting in many ways.

corey

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I returned to the hobby side of reefing in the early 2000's. As I visited the local LFS's, I noticed that most of its customers were much younger than me. At the time, a local reefing club had started an internet forum. I wanted to join and had to choose a user name. I thought I would be older than the rest so "Geezer" came to mind. That was taken though. So ReefGeezer was born. I've kept it ever since.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...... o2manyfish --- Somewhat self explanatory.

Besides heavily populated fish tanks - 130+ fish in my previous 400 and 560g tanks and up to 120 so far in my new 750g.

My house is filled with fish stuff - Carved Octopi, Stained Concrete Floors that look like the ocean, Kitchen tile cut to look like fish scales, fish wall sculptures in front and back yard, handblown glass fish hanging from the ceiling, fish themed party platters, fish figures in the gardens, Glass wall panels with fish embedded in them, Fireplace with a Tile Mosaic Koi Pond, huge Swarovksi fish collection, the list of fish crap in our house goes on and on.

All the colors in the house are in shades of blue and green. The front wall of the our theater is one of those machined wave walls finished in an electric blue.

We have 5 different fish themed clocks hanging in our living room.

Dave B

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...... o2manyfish --- Somewhat self explanatory.

Besides heavily populated fish tanks - 130+ fish in my previous 400 and 560g tanks and up to 120 so far in my new 750g.

My house is filled with fish stuff - Carved Octopi, Stained Concrete Floors that look like the ocean, Kitchen tile cut to look like fish scales, fish wall sculptures in front and back yard, handblown glass fish hanging from the ceiling, fish themed party platters, fish figures in the gardens, Glass wall panels with fish embedded in them, Fireplace with a Tile Mosaic Koi Pond, huge Swarovksi fish collection, the list of fish crap in our house goes on and on.

All the colors in the house are in shades of blue and green. The front wall of the our theater is one of those machined wave walls finished in an electric blue.

We have 5 different fish themed clocks hanging in our living room.

Dave B
Fishnutter would be more appropriate lol

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is "I am lord" backwards. Years ago (20+) I signed up for some forum and tried "drolmai" but it was taken! So instead I went with drolmaeye and have used it ever since for all forums (I have been through a *lot* of different hobbies). I think it's a stupid forum name (and I am lord of almost nothing) but I shy away from change, so . . .

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy Lee is my son.. I’m Lee… bob the builder is my profile pic because I’m a fabricator by trade and build anything and everything.. I thought about changing my pic but hey…. Bobs been there since I began on reef forums if I changed him out people wouldn’t know who I am! Haha..

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started researching creating a LLC for an Amazon sellers account... I couldnt think of a name. So I did what anyone else would do, went to the wu-tang name generator website and typed in AMAZON STORE... Foolish Wizard is what it spit out and so it became, Foolish Wizard LLC.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back