What's in your Refugium?

AlyciaMarie

Official R2R Hype Girl
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2024
Messages
5,756
Reaction score
15,407
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refugiums are one of reefing's more debated pieces of equipment. Are they necessary? Why are they necessary? And it goes on and on! But for those of you who have them, what is your option? What is in your Refugium? What are the benefits vs. disadvantages? Let's discuss!

African American Wtf GIF by Identity
 
I just have some rock and rock rubble in mine. I use it more for nutrient control due added area for bacteria, well and a safe place for copepods to reproduce.
 
The 20L is all TBS rock and sand. Various macros have sprouted. It’s home to what seems like a million pods! They cover literally every inch.
IMG_7762.jpeg


The main sump first chamber was scrapes of Pom Pom from a local clownfish breeder. It’s now a massive mat of Pom Pom. As well as some GHA that I need to clean out.
IMG_7763.jpeg

I installed large refugium for pods and nutrient control. Works to well and have to dose. The 20L remote refugium will be my attempt at a display refugium in the basement sometime soon.
 
some rock rubble and a couple of mangroves
 
Rock rubble, micro brittle stars, lots of pod type critters, peanut worms, chaetomotpha, grape calurpa, other red macros.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new