What's on my platy

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
3,925
Reaction score
4,544
Location
Melbourne, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Something has been showing up on my platy in the evenings. This is relatively new and I noticed it because my platy has had less polyp extension lately. They are little tiny white dots. I can blow them off with a turkey baster. Are they pods? Or something worse?

IMG_0164.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG
 
I considered that but it's so high in the tank. And I had to use good force to blow it off. It just seems different than sand.
 
When you blow them off how long does it take for them to come back? Can you dip the coral at All? I've had sand reach weird places in the tank back when I had a sand bad from fish.
 
Ok so I got one. There is no chance it's sand. It's way too small to take a picture of with an I phone
 
That looks like a feeding response. We had a very large platygyra that would get these white balls on it plus tentacles when feeding. Almost like a mesenterial filament. The little spots you posted are different I believe.
 
Good to hear! There fast growers for sure. I bet they glow under those reef breeders man.
 
I need to find out what's on this platy. I got one out. It's too small to take a picture of and it's soft. It's not hard
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new