What's on my zoa?

Shadowman7

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Uk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Had a little zoa colony for about 2 months as happy as can be, the last week they've closed up in the last week and haven't opened since.
All paras are good and my mushroom and frogspawn are fine.

I have 2 theories:
1) whatever the thing is in the attached picture is causing bother, potential nudibranch?
2) there is some aptasia on the rock they were placed on, but I moved after I noticed ~ 4days and haven't opened up. Similar position in tank just a different rock
Or anything else you can think of?

Thank you
IMG20220809152532.jpg


IMG20220809152547.jpg
 
Hi,
Had a little zoa colony for about 2 months as happy as can be, the last week they've closed up in the last week and haven't opened since.
All paras are good and my mushroom and frogspawn are fine.

I have 2 theories:
1) whatever the thing is in the attached picture is causing bother, potential nudibranch?
2) there is some aptasia on the rock they were placed on, but I moved after I noticed ~ 4days and haven't opened up. Similar position in tank just a different rock
Or anything else you can think of?

Thank you
IMG20220809152532.jpg


IMG20220809152547.jpg
Appears to be a slug or nudibranch
Siphon or remove with tweezers and discard
 
Appears to be a slug or nudibranch
Siphon or remove with tweezers and discard
Thank you,
How difficult should it be to remove, given it a good pull but it's not come off?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new