What's on your MACNA wish list?

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been planning out my MACNA wish list for close to 6 months. Here's what I've got so far:
  • Red Goniopora
  • Torch - Probably just a vanilla variant but maybe a fancier flavor if I've got funds
  • BTA - Again, probably just a vanilla variant but maybe RBTA if I've got the funds.
  • Red Sea Star
  • Tuxedo Urchin
Not anticipating that there'll be many sea stars or urchins there but I've been wanting them for over a year. Anyway, what are you hunting for at MACNA?

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A finished MindStream... so I can see the finalized list of testable parameters and to see what retail is going to be for the unit and the discs.

Not holding my breath though lol.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A finished MindStream... so I can see the finalized list of testable parameters and to see what retail is going to be for the unit and the discs.

Very cool! I hadn't even heard of that before.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tuffyyyyy a couple lfs in my area have tree red linkia stars and tuxedos in stock regularly, are they hard to come by in your area?
We get in linkias and urchins a good bit but I don't think I've ever seen a fromia around here. I also limit myself from going to the LFS too much to keep my spending in check haha. I'm also kind of holding out on getting livestock because of my excitement for MACNA.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tuffyyyyy OSA(Ocean State Aquatics) has 4 of the 5 you are looking for on video on their FB page. Red Goni, Gold torch, red star, & RBTA that is sweet! Scott is a great guy. Give him a call. Free shipping after a certain price.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to World Wide Corals (always get good stuff), poking around at all the new hardware, and looking for some hot chalices and blastos.

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this will be my first MACNA, I'm most excited to finally meet and converse with the many friends/acquaintances I've made in this hobby from around the globe. It will be nice to add a handshake/hug to the faces that I see online.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always sitting around and talking to friends I have met over the years. While we talk all years long on line it's nice to see them in person every year. This year it's a KH director from GHL and a few corals for my wife.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Saw that there is a finished and (supposedly) working Mindstream in the raffle. May have to drop a ticket or two in the bucket..

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a nice lil' chunk of Tyrees ok' Skool 'Purple Monstor', a Walt Disney frag, and maybe a nice little Frogspawn. More importantly, I'm looking for someone who'll hold it for a few days after MACNA then ship it as I'll be driving back to CT and I doubt if they can handle the trip even in my Yeti.

Michael Montgomery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First I've heard of it.... Not much information on the website, but it IS interesting. Curious if they plan on a dosing system to completely maintain those desired levels as well.?? At $35 per month to send you the new disc and access your information; interesting idea.

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you going to get a new tank home?

I am driving there from Florida actually. And I have a truck so this should help. Last time I went to Macna in Miami I scored a nice frag tank fully setup. We will see this time on what deals they have.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home yesterday from MACNA. Going to run through my list:
  • Red Goniopora - Check. Well a shorter arm pink one from Supreme Reefs
  • Torch - Probably just a vanilla variant but maybe a fancier flavor if I've got funds - Check. From Unlimited Color Corals
  • BTA - Again, probably just a vanilla variant but maybe RBTA if I've got the funds. - Check. Ended up getting 3 from Unlimited Color Corals
  • Red Sea Star - Check. From Unlimited Color Corals
  • Tuxedo Urchin - Check. But ended up finding this the week before at my LFS.
Also ended up with a ton of zoas. Finally was able to purchase something from @joshporksandwic

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Broadfield Any new info from the show?

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield Any new info from the show?

After the announcement of the Neptune Trident, the MindStream is of no use to me. The Trident will be $300-400 cheaper and the reagents will be cheaper per month than the discs for the MindStream. Sure, the MindStream tests more parameters, but my Apex already does temp, pH, salinity and ORP. I don't care about the ammonia or carbon dioxide that the MindStream tests... which only leaves potassium that would be of benefit from the MindStream. The Trident will obviously communicate with the Apex, so that I can do whatever I want with the cal, alk and mag measurements... whether that be triggering a dosing pump etc. I'm not even sure if the MindStream will be Apex ready at release. Sure, if you don't have an Apex or other tank controller, then the MindStream might be worth it. But I'm out.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back