Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The breakout box allows you to add switches. The float switches are what you will need to install in your sump to gauge the water levels. So the answer is yes.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Archon has built in wifi. It is completely web based control. It also has a wired input if you really want to go that way but it is not needed with the wifi.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, you will need a way to connect to your home network. The Apex, Jr comes with a an EB-4 (controls 4 outlets), the display and the temp probe. It does not monitor Ph with what comes in the box with the Jr. You would need to add the PM-1 module and a pH probe to monitor pH. The PM-1 module also allows you to connect a Break-Out Box to the system. You would use that and to control your ATO, or up to 6 switches (so you could use float switches to control your ATO and two other float switches to monitor water level in the sump. You can program the outlet for your Gyre to be off at feeding time from Fusion or the display. The PM-1 also has a port to connect a second temp probe, if you want to check temp in two different areas. You can control the unit remotely via Fusion.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ph-orp-probe-module-pm1-neptune-systems.html

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/neptune-systems-i-o-breakout-box.html

In my opinion, a better value for what you are wanting to do, is the Apex Lite ($369). It comes with a base unit, or "brain" (Apex Jr does not use the base unit), an EB-8 to control 8 outlets, the display and a temp probe. The base unit also has a port for the Break-Out Box, so you don't need the PM-1 module, unless you want to monitor both pH & ORP. It does not include a pH probe.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting in my hotel in Vegas and keeping an eye on both my tanks in CANADA and as mentioned above can turn anything on off etc. Priceless.

OP
OP
shoelaceike

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Archon has built in wifi. It is completely web based control. It also has a wired input if you really want to go that way but it is not needed with the wifi.

Sweet. How is the support?

OP
OP
shoelaceike

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting in my hotel in Vegas and keeping an eye on both my tanks in CANADA and as mentioned above can turn anything on off etc. Priceless.
As mentioned above, you will need a way to connect to your home network. The Apex, Jr comes with a an EB-4 (controls 4 outlets), the display and the temp probe. It does not monitor Ph with what comes in the box with the Jr. You would need to add the PM-1 module and a pH probe to monitor pH. The PM-1 module also allows you to connect a Break-Out Box to the system. You would use that and to control your ATO, or up to 6 switches (so you could use float switches to control your ATO and two other float switches to monitor water level in the sump. You can program the outlet for your Gyre to be off at feeding time from Fusion or the display. The PM-1 also has a port to connect a second temp probe, if you want to check temp in two different areas. You can control the unit remotely via Fusion.

In my opinion, a better value for what you are wanting to do, is the Apex Lite ($369). It comes with a base unit, or "brain" (Apex Jr does not use the base unit), an EB-8 to control 8 outlets, the display and a temp probe. The base unit also has a port for the Break-Out Box, so you don't need the PM-1 module, unless you want to monitor both pH & ORP. It does not include a pH probe.

Thanks...that definitely seems to be the better option

OP
OP
shoelaceike

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What does the Apex have that the lite doesn't have?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no issue with support, but I have to say I am one of the beta testers for the system. I have had it for a year now. It is basically a Linux computer that interfaces to the Reefkeeper bus using the built in module on the head unit. The built in module has 2 ports that can be configured as either pH or ORP, 1 iTemp port, 4 switch inputs, 4 0-10 volt outputs, 2 PWM outputs, USB port, 3 buss ports, NET port and a 9v power input all on the head unit. Thes systems come with either 2 PB4's or a PB8 power bar. If you're u already have a RKE/RKL you can get the head unit only that does come with a power supply. The systems come with the power supply and a pH and temp probe. I would suggest getting the IOE module if you are planning to use the switch inputs, 0-10v (2 of them) or PWM ports. It breaks out these outputs and inputs to push wire conmectors. No special connecters need on these just wires. Two of the 0-10 volt outputs have the same jacks as the APC module so the can control the controllable DC pumps with the right connector cabled or the Tunze pumps or the DCI module for the Jebao pumps.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An extra port for both pH and ORP probes and a pH probe. I think that's about it, off the top of my head.

OP
OP
shoelaceike

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no issue with support, but I have to say I am one of the beta testers for the system. I have had it for a year now. It is basically a Linux computer that interfaces to the Reefkeeper bus using the built in module on the head unit. The built in module has 2 ports that can be configured as either pH or ORP, 1 iTemp port, 4 switch inputs, 4 0-10 volt outputs, 2 PWM outputs, USB port, 3 buss ports, NET port and a 9v power input all on the head unit. Thes systems come with either 2 PB4's or a PB8 power bar. If you're u already have a RKE/RKL you can get the head unit only that does come with a power supply. The systems come with the power supply and a pH and temp probe. I would suggest getting the IOE module if you are planning to use the switch inputs, 0-10v (2 of them) or PWM ports. It breaks out these outputs and inputs to push wire conmectors. No special connecters need on these just wires. Two of the 0-10 volt outputs have the same jacks as the APC module so the can control the controllable DC pumps with the right connector cabled or the Tunze pumps or the DCI module for the Jebao pumps.

Thanks.... I'm still in between on getting a controller....the wife doesn't think I need it...then again she doesn't think I need most what I have lol.....also I work from home and rarely go away....it still seems like a good thing to have

OP
OP
shoelaceike

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An extra port for both pH and ORP probes and a pH probe. I think that's about it, off the top of my head.

Ok thanks..... I would definitely get the lite if I get an Apex

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built in pwm for led also
The Archon has 2 PWM ports. I use them for my lighting. They will drive the Meanwell drivers directly without issue. Right now I have 8 of the Meanwell drivers connected to the ports. I don't remember which are on which. The blues are seperate form the whites, reds and greens.

Back