OP
shoelaceike

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Archon has 2 PWM ports. I use them for my lighting. They will drive the Meanwell drivers directly without issue. Right now I have 8 of the Meanwell drivers connected to the ports. I don't remember which are on which. The blues are seperate form the whites, reds and greens.

Over my head lol....but I have the reeflink for lights

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RKL systems are still being sold. I don't see that changing any time soon. They can be upgraded to either the RKE or Archon by changing out the head unit. The modules are compatible between the three systems with exception of the NET and RD1 which will not work on the Archon. They are not needed with that system anyway.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over my head lol....but I have the reeflink for lights
That reply was for Pete. I have the reeflink for my MP10's. That was a pain to setup the pumps with the feed mode via reeflink. It took me several hours to program just 2 pumps.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That reply was for Pete. I have the reeflink for my MP10's. That was a pain to setup the pumps with the feed mode via reeflink. It took me several hours to program just 2 pumps.
I was referring to the difference between apex lite and apex.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you find one used you won't get the lite. They quit making them.
You are correct. I am a bit behind the times, it seems. I guess I am not surprised that they did that. He could go with the Apex Jr, a PM-1 and a Break-out box. Just won't have as many outlets on the EB-4.

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing good about the Apex. They're GREAT!

Honestly, if you're not sold on the Apex, I'd personally look into some type of controller. It makes the hobby that much easier. The fail safes as mentioned is a must. I will never have a tank without one again.

What separates the Apex from the rest is the support. I haven't heard many bad stories regarding no help from Neptune. Plus it has excellent user support.

JessePoland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this thread yesterday so I started looking for alternative app controlled outlets. I then found a device called Telldus Tellstick net that is web based and can be used to control switches and outlets. It can be scheduled so a person could do the math to count out for dosing. I bought one and plan on using it as temp control and dosing and fan cooling based upon humidity and temp in the stand, as well as home lighting. All app controlled. The one thing I haven't found yet is some sort of PH probe I could hook up to it. And of course the lack of compatibility with Tunze, Ecotech, and the like is obvious but can actually be remedied with Diy controllers. I'm hopeful! Check it out at www.telldus.se

JessePoland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick screenshot of the app logged in as demo. If you go in to full screen mode you have access to all the scheduling and sensors as well as outlets. Very much like the Apex!

image.png

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone has mentioned Reef Angel or not but they are a choice to really consider

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the Apex have that the lite doesn't have?
The response previously given to the question was incomplete. The (discontinued) Apex Lite has a temp temperature probe port and a single pH port. The Apex has these, plus another port which is selectable between being a 2nd pH port or an ORP port. The Apex also has 4 variable speed/intensity ports for connecting and controlling any devices which accept a 0-10volt control signal - Tunze controllable pumps, MaxSpect Gyre pumps (with the IceCap interface for Gyres), various Jebao pumps, some DC return pumps, and a wide variety of lighting fixtures - Onyx, BML, ZetLight, Kessil A160/A360, and much more

Aaron_Pentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife not having to call and chase cords angrily over the phone while I'm out of town for work was all the justification I needed.

For that reason alone it was the best investment I've made.

Once you get one you'll slowly realize what you can do with it. And migrate over to one central location for controlling everything tank related.

I even used mine to control my Christmas lights this year with x10 appliance modules placed around the house

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out why hobbyist are crazy over them and why they cost so much?

As far as I can tell they read the PH, salinity and temp....these items on their own are not very difficult to test for and each one has a good quality digital tester for a fair price.....

Also, these are constants that really shouldn't change much unless something goes wrong.....unless you on vacation, you shouldn't need this..... I would find something that tested for Calcium, alkalinity, nitrate, ammonia, mag......these are things we generally like to keep an eye on as they are more likely to fluctuate.

My other question is why is it so expensive? $800 is a lot of money from what I think your getting.....unless I don't fully realize the capabilities of it...on that case, enlighten me!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget!
GHL ProFiLux4 Controller are superior controllers, in my opinion, and many others as well around the world especially the brand new one that I got a few weeks ago!

PRO4#1.JPG

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget!
GHL ProFiLux4 Controller are superior controllers, in my opinion, and many others as well around the world especially the brand new one that I got a few weeks ago!

PRO4#1.JPG
Would you like to elaborate on how it is superior? I mean just making a statement like that with no info is not helpful. From what I can tell with the info on the net is the unit itself may have a little better build quality and be pretty but the software is in no way superior there are 3 different way to control it GCC MYGHL and the new app and they all seem to look different. I remember when windows was like this between computers phones and tablets. Where Neptune has taken the approach of one cohesive interface no matter what you are logged in on. So I can make changes no matter the device. You could also argue stability but use base is a lot larger with Neptune systems so yes you may see some failures that’s just part of it when you have a user base like Neptune has. You could argue no separate modules. But as I was considering the profilux and with my research there is only 3 extra slots in the base unit. Then I have to buy a cable for this a cable for that a splitter here a splitter there. All these wires makes for a messy install than a simple box and I can simply buy modules and not have to buy another box plus the card I need to add on to the system. No way am I saying ghl is a bad product with my research I didn’t find it to be the product for me and I found the way Neptune implemented its products to be a much better option than what ghl is doing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back