What's the best Fleece roller for a 150 Heavily stocked FOWLR

joeyrm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running a Clarisea 3000 v1 on my heavily stocked 150. The two issues I have is that the fleece lasts for 2 weeks (a lot of which is due to the nori that I use which breaks apart easily but all fish get to eat) and the worst part is that I have to cut the old roll off which makes removal more difficult when I am away and have a maintenance person changing the fleece. Also it is difficult to retrieve the end of the fleece if it runs out.
What's the best one out there as of now that solves my issues (no complaint about water quality though with clarisea). Please weigh in as I am tired of looking at old reviews. Thanks

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Red Sea ReefMat 1200 for my 200 g (160 tank, 40 sump) and absolutely love it. The fleece roll is 114 feet - and I average approx 25 inches per day so around 55 days. Changing rolls take about 5 mins + you have the app to control this and it shows you exactly how much it is using etc. So happy to be done with filter socks and water clarity and Phos / Nitrate levels have never been better.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it overflow when your away. I added a reefmat 500 last November. I really love the convenience but I think it's stripping nutrients and coral are suffering. I started just letting it overflow and manually advancing it a couple of times a day.

OP
OP
J

joeyrm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it overflow when your away. I added a reefmat 500 last November. I really love the convenience but I think it's stripping nutrients and coral are suffering. I started just letting it overflow and manually advancing it a couple of times a day.
Thanks My tank is a FOWLR so not worried about stripping the nutrients but prefer to do so.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%

Back