OP
OP
Brandon3152134

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will be biting the bullet and getting the hannah ulr I've had really good results with the alk test kit. I don't really like the calcium and I don't use it much but I've heard the phosphate is easy to use as well. And ovibously you guys think so lol. I know my phosphates gotta be low so I don't think salifert will make the cut

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphorus ULR is the only one we should be using while the Phosphate checker will show you an accurate reading if you ever have an algae outbreak the phosphate won't show up while phosphorus will. buy once or buy twice ..... we all get algae outbreaks at some point

OP
OP
Brandon3152134

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphorus ULR is the only one we should be using while the Phosphate checker will show you an accurate reading if you ever have an algae outbreak the phosphate won't show up while phosphorus will. buy once or buy twice ..... we all get algae outbreaks at some point
I run my alk at 10 so I wanna see my nutrients to make sure I'm not starving my Corals I don't have an algea issue.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the salifert phosphate test kit, I would not recommend it, it always comes out the same color.

The salifert kit is basically a high range test marketed as a low range. I make it work by cutting the test sample to 5ml from 10ml increasing its sensitivity. Works for me, but I dont recommend it for beginners.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna, Salifert is a pain to determine what is correct. This is based on my use of the Calcium and Mag tests. I cut my loss and went Hanna for everything.

Red2143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please explain this comment above? Why would phosphorus show but phosphate not show when there is algae?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please explain this comment above? Why would phosphorus show but phosphate not show when there is algae?
My understanding is that the Hanna phosphate checker and the Hanna phosphorous checker are both measuring inorganic phosphates, the difference in the checkers is the way that they display the reading to the user.

So I guess my answer is no I can’t explain it, and from my limited knowledge the statement is not correct, but I could be wrong.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Hanna ULR phosphorus because I wanted better readings in the low end. Bonus is if you record your data in the Neptume Apex Fusion app it does the conversion to phosphate for you.

trsmith18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna check my phosphate. I'm not having any issues but what would be the best checker to give me a rough idea of what I'm looking at here. I don't really wanna go buy the 50 dollar hanna checker but if it's the only one that's worth anything I will.
Hanna Phosphate.

expensive but worth it. Nothing compares

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back