Whats your favorite salt

• Total voters

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a banner add from the top of the site that popped up when I was navigating to this thread. It seemed like it belonged in here!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's YOUR favorite salt? I'll start. Mines the red sea pro for the perfect parameters, icp test gurentee, and trace elements
I'm going to vote for Tropic Marin, but this poll and question is akin to asking what speaker sounds better or what's your favorite car...

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive only used instant ocean and looking through lots previous threads about salt mixes and alot saying instant ocean does the job and added benefit its cheap so wimln win

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E6306CD2-8B90-4027-BD48-D6C24F04174A.jpeg

Great on on sliced up garden tooomaters
This is better!!! Contains more trace elements than sea salt!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No best. Just preferred. I like how quickly TMP mixes and with no residue left over. Is it worth the premium price though? According to the now somewhat dated BRS video, it's really not that much more expensive than other brands outside of maybe IO, when taking into account how much saltwater each brand actually produces compared to what is stated, but I'm not sure if those values are still current.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's YOUR favorite salt? I'll start. Mines the red sea pro for the perfect parameters, icp test gurentee, and trace elements
I was on the blue bucket for almost a year. My ICP test came back with low trace elements and super low iodine. Started TM pro today. Will do another ICP in a couple of months to see if it helped.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was on the blue bucket for almost a year. My ICP test came back with low trace elements and super low iodine. Started TM pro today. Will do another ICP in a couple of months to see if it helped.
You'll still have low trace elements and low iodine. Especially the iodine. Needs to be dosed daily to keep it in the tank.

There is no salt mix out there that provides the proper trace elements and none at an elevated level

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's my favorite salt? ESV. Fastest mixing, most consistent, the cleanest, and most fun to make. However, it's not as easy as pour in and walk away. Takes a little more time.

But the latest price increase and lack of supply pushed me away. I am now going to implement a mix of IO Purple and TM Pro. The IO will bump alkalinity a little while the TMP will raise the calcium and magnesium slightly. Going to start 60/40 TM to IO. See where that gets me.

Now what is the BEST salt? Whatever one the person replying bought LOL! There is no best salt in all reality. Any of the major brands work.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back