PNS Pro Bio

Craigh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the appropriate dosing in an 100 gallon established system using PNS Pro Bio. I’m seeing some hair algae and cyano bacteria. My parameters are stable and good, for most part. I’m not sure where my trace elements are, I’ll be doing a ICP analysis after water change tomorrow. Currently dosing Coral Snow mixed with CyanoClean (daily), ZeoBak and BioMate ( both twice weekly). All helpful comments appreciated.
Salinity. 1.025
ph. 8.4
Alk. 9.8 dkm
Cal. 454 ppm
Mag. 1255 ppm
Nitrate. 1.5 ppm. High Range
2.1 ppm. Low Range
Phos. 0.90 ppm
Ammonia. 0.14 ppm
Nitrite. 0.10 ppm

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the appropriate dosing in an 100 gallon established system using PNS Pro Bio. I’m seeing some hair algae and cyano bacteria. My parameters are stable and good, for most part. I’m not sure where my trace elements are, I’ll be doing a ICP analysis after water change tomorrow. Currently dosing Coral Snow mixed with CyanoClean (daily), ZeoBak and BioMate ( both twice weekly). All helpful comments appreciated.
Salinity. 1.025
ph. 8.4
Alk. 9.8 dkm
Cal. 454 ppm
Mag. 1255 ppm
Nitrate. 1.5 ppm. High Range
2.1 ppm. Low Range
Phos. 0.90 ppm
Ammonia. 0.14 ppm
Nitrite. 0.10 ppm
Playing Devil’s advocate here: your Phosphate is likely not 0.9 ppm.

I am having a similar issue and trying to figure out what’s happening. I have been dosing Coral Snow Plus and noticed that my system is not showing a decline in phosphate levels despite having GFO in the sump and dosing some lanthanum chloride. I think it’s testing error so I’ve dialed back any chemical interventions. Somehow the bound phosphate is reacting and it looks like it’s not being bound/cleared.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back