PNS Pro Bio

  • Thread starter Thread starter Craigh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Craigh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2021
Messages
52
Reaction score
25
Location
Essexville
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the appropriate dosing in an 100 gallon established system using PNS Pro Bio. I’m seeing some hair algae and cyano bacteria. My parameters are stable and good, for most part. I’m not sure where my trace elements are, I’ll be doing a ICP analysis after water change tomorrow. Currently dosing Coral Snow mixed with CyanoClean (daily), ZeoBak and BioMate ( both twice weekly). All helpful comments appreciated.
Salinity. 1.025
ph. 8.4
Alk. 9.8 dkm
Cal. 454 ppm
Mag. 1255 ppm
Nitrate. 1.5 ppm. High Range
2.1 ppm. Low Range
Phos. 0.90 ppm
Ammonia. 0.14 ppm
Nitrite. 0.10 ppm
 
What would be the appropriate dosing in an 100 gallon established system using PNS Pro Bio. I’m seeing some hair algae and cyano bacteria. My parameters are stable and good, for most part. I’m not sure where my trace elements are, I’ll be doing a ICP analysis after water change tomorrow. Currently dosing Coral Snow mixed with CyanoClean (daily), ZeoBak and BioMate ( both twice weekly). All helpful comments appreciated.
Salinity. 1.025
ph. 8.4
Alk. 9.8 dkm
Cal. 454 ppm
Mag. 1255 ppm
Nitrate. 1.5 ppm. High Range
2.1 ppm. Low Range
Phos. 0.90 ppm
Ammonia. 0.14 ppm
Nitrite. 0.10 ppm
Playing Devil’s advocate here: your Phosphate is likely not 0.9 ppm.

I am having a similar issue and trying to figure out what’s happening. I have been dosing Coral Snow Plus and noticed that my system is not showing a decline in phosphate levels despite having GFO in the sump and dosing some lanthanum chloride. I think it’s testing error so I’ve dialed back any chemical interventions. Somehow the bound phosphate is reacting and it looks like it’s not being bound/cleared.
 
I dose 50ml once a week in my 65g DT. It's a great product.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new