Whats the deal with millepora?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zheka757
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zheka757

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
4,619
Reaction score
30,335
Location
North Port
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can grow many other acropora but millepora would just stay as frags with very little growths, are they just slow growers or what's the deal? they mostly encrust for like a year or more. i got metal halide lights over my tank. and crazy amount of flow.
 
I’m running metal halides also and they grow like crazy for me.

I have ASE Rainbow Milli and Ice Cream Cone Milli, both are fast growers.

IMG_1499.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I'll take pictures tomorrow of what I got so far
 
This one is 3 years growth.
1000000550.jpg

This one is 6 years of growth. Very very slow.
1000000551.jpg
 
This one is 3 years growth.
1000000550.jpg

This one is 6 years of growth. Very very slow.
1000000551.jpg
6 years old and under halides! They both look happy. It could be that these millis are just slow growers.
 
6 years old and under halides! They both look happy. It could be that these millis are just slow growers.
Halides, t5*s and LED are last 2 years, previously it was just t5 and led.
 
Halides, t5*s and LED are last 2 years, previously it was just t5 and led.
I’m also running metal halides, T5, and LED. I’ve switched back a forth a few times between this setup and T5 and LED. I find the acros more hearty under halides.

IMG_1603.jpeg
 
I’m also running metal halides, T5, and LED. I’ve switched back a forth a few times between this setup and T5 and LED. I find the acros more hearty under halides.

IMG_1603.jpeg
Sorry didn't see you reply here, beutifull big colonies you got there,
I put all blue leds on and all blue t5s. And can't get enough of blue pop with my 400w radium halides.
Here is mine
1000000225.jpg
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new