What's the first thing your Thanksgiving guests will say about your reef tank?

How do you feel about showing off your tank to "non-reefing" guests?

• I really enjoy it

Votes: 156 32.5%
  • I like it if they are interested

Votes: 242 50.4%
  • I really don't care either way

Votes: 46 9.6%
  • I don't like showing my tank to people who don't understand it

Votes: 21 4.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.1%

• Total voters

aurora.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I answered I enjoy it if they are interested. I never push my tank on anyone (and definitely know that no one but another reefer is interested in the science, and techies in the automation a bit...) but I am always surprised that people don’t love it as much as I do and I feel a little sad for them that they don’t get the joy I get. So I am always a little disappointed that people look at it for a minute and are like “that’s beautiful!” and then move on. There is so much to see and enjoy! And it’s not because I want kudos for my great effort, but because the coral are just awesome if you spend any time looking closely and I want them to enjoy that too! That said, I always irritate my scuba buddies because I could just stare at one 3’ section of reef for an entire dive so my husband is always pulling me along... so maybe it is me and not anyone else. Hm...

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe I am new to the hobby, but I make sure everyone at least sees the tank, I am super proud of it. some people look for a second and think it's neat but don't really care and I don't push it, but I've found the vast majority of people want to spend the rest of their visit planted in front of it XD

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back