Whats the most cost effective supplier for large tanks?

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't go that far.
I only said that they would probably be the cheapest.
@mfinn, appreciate the honesty. We are striving to meet and exceed expectation. So many changes at Glass Cages to better serve and deliver a better product. So Exciting. I would so appreciate your continued feedback as we continue to do more work. Please see some recent builds below. Thanks again.

this is a 130 x 36 x 36 with a coast to coast overflow.
IMG_1362.jpeg

130 x 60 x 36..... fun build here.
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg IMG_0533.jpg IMG_0577.jpg IMG_0163.jpg IMG_0574.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plywood builds are cheap, but you're restricted to one viewing angle. Maybe two.

Sounds like glass cages is the way to go. $3k or so isnt unreasonable for a large tank.

yup totlly agree with the 1 mabe 3 vieing angels that is the down side of ply. tanks for sure. but on the up side you could do a 500-1000 gal for about the same price point.

I hear ya tho it's hard to beat a nice glass box of water for sure. my I humbly suggest a peninsula tank. there amazing!

OP
OP
dtruitt

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup totlly agree with the 1 mabe 3 vieing angels that is the down side of ply. tanks for sure. but on the up side you could do a 500-1000 gal for about the same price point.

I hear ya tho it's hard to beat a nice glass box of water for sure. my I humbly suggest a peninsula tank. there amazing!

Ideally, I'd like to do an island build for use as a room divider in a suitable home for such a build... I don't love the idea of a "fish room." The hope would be to do something open and understated.

Theres also a distinct possibility that we dont move for a while. A 130 / 135g 6 footer shouldn't put any more stress on any individual floor joist than our current 65g since its effectively two 65s side by side. Our landlord is generally okay with tenants doing light improvements, so bolstering the floor might not be out of the question, anyway...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back