What's the NUMBER ONE coral that you're very excited about right now?

Do you have a NUMBER ONE coral that you're very excited about right now?

• Yes and it is...(tell us in the thread)

Votes: 97 39.9%
  • No not really excited about any particular coral right now

Votes: 66 27.2%
  • Just getting into adding coral so they are all exciting

Votes: 67 27.6%
  • No coral at all for me in the tank

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splice!

Attachments

• splice2-1.jpg
    splice2-1.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 53

Redbeardz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our interests change when it comes to coral in our tank. It varies based on experience level, prices of certain coral, what's popular, growth patters, tank goals etc. So today let's talk about what coral you're really digging right now!

What's the NUMBER ONE coral that you're very excited about right now and WHY is that?

CRT Red Riding Hood Acro image via @gws3
pDgZf6G.jpg
I just picked up a very, very nice frag pack from CreamCityCorals and my new favorite is the Dr. Strange. First Frag on the bottom right!!
A2A0114B-869A-439D-9099-FA34958F23F6.jpeg

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wish I could better pics of these two but they're in the middle of the tank and zoom hurts colors.

The first one is a Pink Floyd and the second I don't remember the name. It is a gorgeous light pink when the polyps aren't covering it up. I can't tell if it wants to table or not yet ..
20220607_172938.jpg
20220607_172851.jpg

Nano New

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a bunch of new corals to the bigger tank I set up and as I'm still very new to reefing (in my second year now) they are all beautiful and awesome! Had to do a lot of moving around until they are all happy but I think I'm there now. I have an amazing goni, added morphs, a candy cane, a bubble, two leathers, a turbinarea, a scoly and my current favorite, a gold torch. I wasn't going to add a torch as the tank is only 130 ltrs but it's so amazing I couldn't resist. I'm constantly mesmerised by the purple and gold tenticles swaying! I've spent way too much time lately just staring at the tank. Does anyone else have that problem?

I've only completely lost one coral since I started, a duncan I accidently injured. I have a goni that's down to it's last polyp but it keeps popping out every day so who knows? This even though the tank crashed while I was on vacation for two weeks as the light got disconnected and my house sitters didn't realise this was a problem :( Everything has recovered now except the goni. My frogspawn was my first coral (and only coral, for 6 months due to lockdowns) soI have a fond spot for it.

Attachments

• Gold Torch.jpg
    Gold Torch.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 44

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After almost killing it and reducing it to a few specs, this beast has come roaring back and now has beautiful color. It took exactly a year but it's BACK
20220607_174332.jpg

Looks like a Green Plating Monti? The one I have got stung mercilessly by the goni that came attached to the same growout tile when I got it. Once I broke the tile apart and gave the Monti its own space, it fully recovered and has exploded in growth!!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
#1 coral i'm excited about is: TRC(Thirsty Reef Coral) Aquaman. looking forward to support another reefer. i am also looking to purchase a CSB from him..

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recent passion is Goniopora, Alveopora, and RFA's. I know technically RFA's are not corals, but that is my current passion.

I can't say that I have a single "#1" coral... I have quite a few on the way I am excited about...

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great thread! So many beautiful corals! So many STOKED reefers!

I've got a couple corals that are really making me happy right now. My "My Miami" chalice is doing great and growing well. My "Hollywood Stunner" chalice survived the complete devastation I put it through and is encrusting and growing on the overflow like I intended (looks great). The new teal colored stag acro I added is growing like a weed. Now if I could just defeat my bryopsis nemesis once and for all, my life would be complete.

Red Sea 500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! How long have you had it? I just added one to my tank last week. I can't wait to see it grow out like yours!!
I’ve had it since February……I had it mid level for a while, moved it a little higher and she took off.
I have a smaller one I have in the sandbed and it’s doing great also.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had it since February……I had it mid level for a while, moved it a little higher and she took off.
I have a smaller one I have in the sandbed and it’s doing great also.

Good info, thanks... I have mine on frag rack on upper 1/3rd of tank on the end. It opened up fully in a day and is absolutely stunning as it is now.

Goni's seem to do well wherever I put them in my tank as long as they are not in full force flow areas. Lighting, in my tank, seems less of an issue than flow.

Back