What's the one fish you regretted buying the most?

Hercaluis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Beauty .....it was not messing with my corals but kept nipping at my clam

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to narrow it down to just one but any of the following could qualify:

Flame Angel-Aggressive Jerk to tankmates (went after my firefish within about 10 seconds of being the in the tank) and started nipping at my Hammer and Frogspawn to boot
Red Head Salon Fairy Wrasse-Went after everything in the tank after a week
Snowflake Occ Clownfish-Went after everything in the tank and ended up contributing to the death of my Scissortail Dartfish and Possibly my Purple Firefish
Yellow Tang-Took a chunk out of my Coral Beauty and used it's scalpel to put visible cuts on my Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel.

Won't get any of them again

Bill Bolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 that I grew to hate equally
1. Electric eel..... brush up against it .... just once!!

2. Juvenile African Lungfish....
They are forever hungry.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown fish. My wife and kids wanted them so I got them. Jerks bit me whenever I am cleaning the tank. I get lots of little marks and sometimes they draw blood.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1 Marine Betta. Gets big. Hides constantly. Nothing like a fish you’ll barely see that substantially adds to the bioload of the tank.

#2 Saddle Valentini puffer. “Test bites” everything. Fish, snails, crabs, acros.... It’s like it thinks “Hey, I like the polyp extension on your BC Spainbow! CHOMP!!! Oh, that’s not food... Maybe if I... CHOMP!!”...You get to live with my snowflake eel in the other tank buddy. I hope you like kenya trees. Go nuts.

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one fish I regret buying the most was, my blue fan tail Moscow guppy. I regrets this purchase because this fish although very beautiful he was small and didn’t get along with the other fish and two days later I found him dead stuck to my power head, because the clown fish had killed him.. If I ever get the chance to get another one I will buy as many to acclimate so that they can at least hold their own.

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This whole discussion just proves that fish like people have their own personalities. A lot of the fish that are in the discussion are supposed to be reef safe or very docile fish but you can’t judge a book by its cover. Got a pseudochromis fridmani that was very calm until he became an adult. Now he is the bully of the tank.

TonyD1988

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blue throat trigger by far. He took out numerous fish including a male and female bird wrasse couple. Such a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simply__J

@MoriReef45
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemon Damsel. Just caught him. He's currently in solitary confinement. Charged with territorial aggression towards every other fish most recently harassing the newly added Lawn Mower Blennie preventing him from doing his job.
20200329_172346-01.jpeg

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That must have sucked! Did it have visible signs of disease when you got it? I heard Potter’s are a pretty difficult species among the dwarf angels.

Would you get another one or would you try something easier like a Coral Beauty, Flame, pygmy, or Half Black?

My dream angel is either the Flame or Joculator, but heard Flames are a bit tricky depending on their condition at the time of time purchase.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This whole discussion just proves that fish like people have their own personalities. A lot of the fish that are in the discussion are supposed to be reef safe or very docile fish but you can’t judge a book by its cover. Got a pseudochromis fridmani that was very calm until he became an adult. Now he is the bully of the tank.
Was thinking the same thing. I have 4 fish, and they all came up over and over on this thread! 6 line wrasse, springeri damsel, and 2 clowns ;Hilarious

My thinking was that all the fish were semi aggressive, and could all hold their own. It’s been about 15 months now and my tank is peace on earth.

really love my 6 line btw.
7E9ED3AB-B457-43C2-91B6-F8621C92AFCE.jpeg

palbert_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fish but I regret getting a Coral banded shrimp. he was a little aggressive the first couple days towards my firefish but the firefish finally found a hiding place on the opposite side of the tank, since then everything was perfect until 2 nights ago that i noticed my royal gramma had been attacked(his tail fin was cut in a weird angle) then i noticed him slowing down for a couple hours, i came back from work to find him lying down in a corner with all his fins torn to pieces and he was barely able to move, I was looking from a couple feet away and saw the shrimp go after him, i came over and scooped the shrimp and put him in a different container and took him back to my LFS. came back and my Gramma only made it a couple hours after that and then he passed (R.I.P) he was my favorite fish so it was a bummer and thats the reason i regret getting that shrimp instead of a Cleaner shrimp or a Fire shrimp

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back