What's the one fish you regretted buying the most?

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i regret buying my tomato clowns i really wanted maroon clowns but tomato was all i could find they aren't aggressive to any fish but getting them out would be a real challenge i wish i had waited to find a pair of maroon clowns to start with

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i regret buying my tomato clowns i really wanted maroon clowns but tomato was all i could find they aren't aggressive to any fish but getting them out would be a real challenge i wish i had waited to find a pair of maroon clowns to start with

You need an acrylic trap! You can et any fish out with one of those. I have caught many and every fish I have ever wanted out of my tank.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple mollies because oh my gosh they put out Nitrates like crazy. Then I had no-one to give them to cause I’m a solo reefer but then I found a shop that’d take them. I did not like those things.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my first fish, my clowns, but only because the female is evil and i have to use a stick to keep her cornered whenever I need to get into the tank, lol.

Recently added a Banded Sleeper Goby, who does a GREAT job at sifting. SO much so that I have to blow off my corals with a baster about 15 times a day!

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flameback Angel
Totally terrorized my yellow watchman (who found a way to jump through a spot smaller than him in screen. I think he killed my tailspot blenny. And he beat up my Naked ocellaris so bad it burst his swim bladder.
Clown is recovering in quarantine tank.

But the night of the last incident I ordered a trap on amazon. Set it up the day I got it and the little nightmare saw a wrasse eating in the trap and chased him out and went to town on the mysis inside. He was so proud of himself! Until I closed the door of the trap:p:cool:
He now is back at the LFS and tank is peaceful.

xcuongx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i first started the hobby, i bought a blue damsel after the tank was cycled before i added other fish i wanted to the tank. I learned a lesson that that little guy was very aggressive and difficult to catch. I ended up tearing down some of my aquascape which i spent lot of time worked on. After that, for any new tank i setup i would rather spend little more time for cycling and choose my favorite fish wisely.

Mark3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two to mention....but not fish. The first is a purple lobster, was so cool looking, but a murderer ! He ate every fish he could catch. I tried to put in new fish, and some wouldn't make it past his lunchtime. and the second worst was a sea apple... It gives off a toxin that will kill anything with gills if it gets upset....not a good tankmate.

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i first started the hobby, i bought a blue damsel after the tank was cycled before i added other fish i wanted to the tank. I learned a lesson that that little guy was very aggressive and difficult to catch. I ended up tearing down some of my aquascape which i spent lot of time worked on. After that, for any new tank i setup i would rather spend little more time for cycling and choose my favorite fish wisely.
I did the same, and mine wasn’t too bad until I added a chromi. I ended up taking out the chromi, but the damsel died from ick weeks later. I actually miss the little guy.

Gswink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest regret was a lunare wrasse very beautiful fish. That's when i learned you cant trust your lfs, they're making a sell so they dont care!! That sucker killed a few of my fish. He would swim the tank as he was jaws lol. I seen him literally eat one of my other wrasse. I said nope I caught him and he had to go... FLUSHED bye bye!!

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown tang.

Beautiful fish and he was seemingly happy in my 180G. But he disappeared. Poof...gone. I ripped the entire tank apart looking for him or a sign and nothing. I only regret buying him because I didn't do my due diligence on how hard they are to keep and their reputation for dying in captivity.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish. They are both jerks and bullies and they will bully fish 3 times their size if they come close to there home (toadstool)
Ditto!!!! Mine draw blood. I've had up to 5 bites while trying to do maintenance, and their home is a huge toadstool in the center of aquarium. mean little buggers

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bi Color Blenny. Bought him when I was extremely new to the saltwater game. LFS said he would eat hair algae and I was in the middle of a good sized bloom. He never touched the algae and has been a complete duffel bag to anyone else in the community except the Coral Beauty I recently got that put his little butt in check. Was messing with my rock work one day and caught him by accident.....should’ve never put him back in the DT. Lol

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two. Got a hippo tang that was tiny and cute. As soon as it got to around four inches, it went insane. It killed a queen angel, blue face angel, harlequin bass and harlequin tusk fish in one week. The other was a two inch blue cod grouper. It grew at a phenomenal rate. He went when I found my ten inch miniatus grouper sticking out of his mouth.

KyOsIBa515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish. Always a quintessential fish for most to have. However, over the years and having many...I haven’t had another fish attack my hands worse. Devil fish.

Achmeal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish here as well. Have two in my tank. The little one is a saint. Bigger one always attacks me every time my hand is in the tank. I mean attacks, he has drawn blood. He is akin to a Piranha. I don’t regret having him, more of a nuisance when fiddling with tank. Maybe he’s just telling me to leave my tank be.

DEVIL FISH

Ketan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My very first fish Yellow hogfish. Currently I have a blue eyed male anthias that's a bully.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down the purple tang that wiped out all my fish (except two I managed to save in hospital tank).

But just for sake of fish, I have not regretted any others I can think of off hand.

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy hogfish - most aggressive fish I've ever owned. Total jerk. Would terrorize all the other fish in the tank, except for the scopas tang. Finally trapped him and gave him back to the shop.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back