Whats this on my zoas?

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what these white things are on my zoas? They dont look like zoa pox and I just noticed all of this while I was doing my check in. I assumed it was detritus so I blew it with my coral feeder and I noticed the white fan looking thing on the left side, was taking pictures and then I found the weird string white alien looking thing on it. It doesnt move. This one was my first zoa/coral and Its not the prettiest at the moment but Its been with me since day one so I dont want to drop it.

IMG_1283.jpg IMG_1282.jpg IMG_1281.jpg

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will need a pic under white light… but from what I see I think its aptasia
I dont think its aptasia, It didnt look like it when I first took them out about three weeks ago. I did notice the little white thing did appear on the sand bed before so I thought it was just rotting aptasia. my water paremeters are the usual. Onlything that was off was my calcium was about 340 or above. slowly working on bringing it up

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 47

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the pics, but the white branching stick/string looks like it’s probably a branching species of colonial hydroids; the white fan looks like it may be the top of a pineapple sponge.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think its aptasia, It didnt look like it when I first took them out about three weeks ago. I did notice the little white thing did appear on the sand bed before so I thought it was just rotting aptasia. my water paremeters are the usual. Onlything that was off was my calcium was about 340 or above. slowly working on bringing it up
Can you circle what it is Im looking at? Looks way different in whites and youre right I dont see what I thought was aptasia in the white lighting

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you circle what it is Im looking at? Looks way different in whites and youre right I dont see what I thought was aptasia in the white lighting

Attachments

• adeeadad.PNG
    adeeadad.PNG
    852.6 KB · Views: 43
  • blue.PNG
    blue.PNG
    959.3 KB · Views: 43

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does anyone know what these white things are on my zoas? They dont look like zoa pox and I just noticed all of this while I was doing my check in. I assumed it was detritus so I blew it with my coral feeder and I noticed the white fan looking thing on the left side, was taking pictures and then I found the weird string white alien looking thing on it. It doesnt move. This one was my first zoa/coral and Its not the prettiest at the moment but Its been with me since day one so I dont want to drop it.

IMG_1283.jpg IMG_1282.jpg IMG_1281.jpg
I see hydroids and what may be a couple of asterinas. The hydroids are there to steal food

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back