Whats this sore

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
2,625
Reaction score
2,194
Location
Adelaide, South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has something taken a bite or worse?
It was under the rock. Possibly been rubbing or something eating it?

20220113_181548.jpg
 
Not looking promising.
Looks like it's split.
I have nowhere to move it too.
QT has cupramine in it.
What can I do

20220113_204008.jpg
 
Last edited:
The integrity of the anemone is compromised and his inner organs are protruding though the dermal layer. It does not look good. I would take him out of the tank and treat him with antibiotic and give him optimal light, current and water to get him to heal. Anemones like this will die due to infection, but won't heal unless you give him optimal condition and keep infection overwhelm him while he is healing.
It's looks like you have a BTA. These anemone are very hardy, and may survive this episode.
 
Thank only place I have to put him is my QT which has had cupramine in it.
Only other option is a heated bucket. It was fine a day before.
What happened:(
 
What anemone to get next time.bta are supposed to be hardy. All parameters are great except nitrates at 30ppm.
I'm at a loss as to why it went so well for 2 months but died so quick
 
What anemone to get next time.bta are supposed to be hardy. All parameters are great except nitrates at 30ppm.
I'm at a loss as to why it went so well for 2 months but died so quick
Seems like possibly an injury, maybe something in the tank ripped it (either a fish/ invert), or maybe an unstable rock tumbled that it was partially attached to? That’s not a typical way an anemone dies.
 
Tank is pretty new for anemone. Best chances for survival are tanks 9 months to a year mature, stable parameters in acceptable ranges and good lighting. When purchasing your next anemone try to find one from a local reefers rather than online or in stores.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new